Hi, I’m Carissa! I wish our meeting could be two-sided.
Just so you know, I am a crazy mess most days.
Throw in some exhaustion and imperfect kids and I find myself very thankful for Jesus. He is more than enough to pull me through.
Not just surviving, but passionate about raising kids to make a generous difference in whatever world they find themselves.
Six fun facts about me:
1. My husband and I met at an airport in Thailand on a missions trip. We were both 19 and it was a hard and fast fall that I have never recovered from.
2. Our first five kids came from my body in rapid succession. The oldest was still four when our twins were born. Heaven help us.
3. Our little family lived in China for four years, long ago when I was in my twenties.
4. We added a singing princess from Uganda and a little caboose through domestic infant adoption, bringing the total balance to: 7.
5. My husband farms potatoes here in the midwest and we think farm life is a great way to raise kids.
6. I think that we parents rock. You and me. I am convinced of this. Our kids have so much going for them simply because they have us flawed and loving parents walking them through their kidhood, pointing out the best ways.